Quixotic is a North American Alliance WoW Guild. We enjoy mainly PVE, and will take part in casual raiding(2 nights a week) at max level. Raiding is not required, but it is a focus of the guild. Raid nights are Tuesday and Thursday 830-11PM EST, plus the possibility of a weekend raid. We are mostly seasoned MMO players, a lot of us have been around since Vanilla WoW or even earlier with Everquest. Though we respect the achievements of hardcore guilds, Quixotic is not one; however our members are skilled and are online daily. We all help each other level, group, craft and improve our skills. Our dedication to each other is what makes us so successful. Quixotic is a group of similar minded, adult, (mostly)mature, veteran gamers. Our philosophy is play what you want, we can always recruit what we need. Our purpose is to create long term friendships amongst guild mates. These friendships strengthen the guild, and make the game more fun for its members; they make the guild a home. A home people can love and be proud to be a part of.
If these aspects of our guild interest you, then please read further on to the requirements and code of conduct, to help you decide whether or not you would like to apply.
Quixotic is a 21+ guild with very rare exceptions from within the guild, and a 2+ week probationary period for all new applicants. This period occurs regardless of whether you were referred to the guild or not. We recruit people NOT characters, and we do not allow multi-guilding, so Quixotic is required to be your only guild on Elysium/Nostalrius. Finally we do require each player to have Ventrilo with a working microphone and use it frequently, as we are a very social bunch.
Code of Conduct
1. Golden Rule: N00bs can be made Elite, Douches cannot be made Nice. Elitists and Douchebags and Drama Queens will not be tolerated. We want to be good at what we do, and what we play, but this does not give you the right to be an outright braggart or put anyone down. We dont flash DPS meters, unless we are helping each other improve. We help each other rise to our potentials and do not fault anyone for their inability to rise as high or as fast as others. We were all n00bs once. Except for Khay. He was born with 1337 on his forehead. It was the first ever 1337 reference.
2. Guild-mates are like an extended family. You will be loved, hated, praised, and heckled; it happens. There is a thin line between heckling and douchebaggery. Be aware of which side you are on.
3. NO exploits, 3rd party hacks, gold buying, or power-leveling services will be tolerated. If we suspect your character is not being played by you, or you are engaging in any of these activities, we will not hesitate to remove you from the guild, to protect it and its members.
4. We do not censor language and conversations for the most part, but excessive use of foul language is just considered bad taste, even by the most perverse individuals. It is ok to say fuck, but don't use it 13 times in a 15 word sentence.
5. We do not enter into flame wars in game or on public forums. Anything a member does reflects on the guilds image and on all fellow members. We expect you to behave in ways that reflect positively on the guild image that we work very hard to build and maintain.
6. Real life is important, however the people you play with are real as well, and as such their time is also important. We depend on each other to function as a team, so when you say you will show up, do so. Help out others - that is part of playing an MMO and not a single player game. We do not have a minimum play time, however if you can only log on twice a week, this is not the guild for you. We are an active guild and need our members to be as well.
7. Please show up to raids on time and prepared. Have your potions, flasks, reagents, etc in your bags and ready to go. Also remember to be fully repaired.
8. Most importantly of all...HAVE FUN.
In order to keep a healthy guild we need to trim inactive members from time to time. If you are inactive in-game, for 10 days without notification, we will assume you do not want to play the game anymore, and we will remove you from Quixotic. We also don't keep dead weight, so if you notify us you are going to be gone, there will still be a time limit on this grace period. The time limit will be determined by your relationship with the guild and how well you meshed.
Before you Apply
You may not apply if you are currently applied to/or in another Guild. You also may not apply to other Guilds while in Quixotic.
We do not accept just anyone. EVERYONE must apply(friend or family alike), and are subject to application review and approval, or lack there of. If approved, they are responsible for themselves. Some people's friends or family members do not mesh with the guild, even if the current member does.
If knowing that you may be accepted, but your friends or family may not(or that they may be removed later due to any issues or inactivity) bothers you, then Quixotic is not the place for you.
The application Must be filled out, and Must be taken seriously. Lighthearted comments are fine, but applications are meant for us to get to know you a little, and to make a decision on whether you fit. No Info? No Entry! After you submit your application keep an eye on it. We will get back to you usually within 24 hours. For our second step we will ask you to hop on to our applicant Discord server so that we can say hello and answer any other questions you or we may have. We look forward to meeting you!
If you feel that Quixotic is the place for you, please move on to the APPLICATION .
(Special Note: If you have an ad-blocker of ANY kind, please disable it, as it prevents the application process from going through.)
as of today if your Elysium email is unverified you will not be able to log into game. this can be fixed by logging into the elysium control panel on their website and following the verify email protocols.